SEPTEMBER 6, 2021
Dear Lassiter Fencers & Parents,
The deadline to complete all registration paperwork and pay dues is this Wednesday, 9/8.
1. Dues: Fees for the 2021-2022 season are $295 plus $70 in tournament fees for a non-refundable total of $365. You can send cash or check (made payable to Lassiter Trojan Fencing Club) to practice with your fencer in an envelope marked "Alice Chang." If you need an invoice sent via PayPal, please reply to this email and let us know (Paypal invoice will include an additional 3.5% Paypal fee for a total of $378).
2. Registration paperwork: Forms are located here. Please email these documents and direct any questions about paperwork to our Faculty Sponsor Alora Moser.
Treasurer - Lassiter Fencing Board
Contact and news:
Facebook: Lassiter Fencing Club
Remind: To join, text class code @8ff68c6 to 81010
AUGUST 10, 2021
Dear Lassiter Fencers,
This is a reminder that the Lassiter Trojan Fencing Club will hold its first meeting tomorrow, August 11, after school in Ms. Moser’s room (918) from 3:30 pm until 5:00 pm. Please come to get acquainted or reconnect with team members and view the mandatory concussion video. No gear is needed for this meeting. This meeting is for fencers only; the parent meeting will be next week, immediately following the first practice.
Also, if you already know you plan to fence with Lassiter this year and have not completed the Lassiter Fencing Club Forms, please go ahead and do so as soon as possible, including the physical exam. Please email these documents and direct any questions about paperwork to our Faculty Sponsor Alora Moser.
Thanks and we look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!
President - Lassiter Fencing Board
JULY 16, 2021
Greetings Lassiter Fencing Families,
It's time to gear up for the 2021-2022 fencing season! We're looking forward to reconnecting with everyone. Please read below for our upcoming events:
1. GO Day: Lassiter Fencing will have a table at Go Day next Thursday, July 22, from 9:00am to 2:00pm. This is a great opportunity for us to reach out to prospective fencers!
2. Ice Cream Social: Come hang out with the Lassiter Fencing community and help us welcome prospective fencers and their families on Sunday, July 25, from 4:00-6:00pm at the Westchester Clubhouse (4201 Westchester Crossing NE, Roswell, 30075). Please RSVP by responding to this email.
3. Registration Forms: All students must complete their forms, including a physical exam, before they are eligible to fence. Students are advised to get their physicals now so they can actively participate in fencing practice and tournaments. Please email the forms and direct any questions about paperwork to our Faculty Sponsor Alora Moser.
4. Organizational meeting: Our first meeting will be held on Wednesday, August 11 in Ms. Moser’s room (room 918) from 3:30-5:00 pm. No gear will be needed. Please bring any friends who may be interested in joining the fencing team.
5. First practice: Our first practice will be held on Wednesday, August 18 in the cafeteria from 3:30-5:30 pm. A mandatory parent meeting will be held at 5:30 pm following practice.
6. Sponsorships: The Lassiter Fencing Club is seeking sponsors for the upcoming season. If your business is interested in sponsoring the team, please download a sponsorship form. Thank you for your support!
7. Tournaments: The GHSFL has released dates for the 2021-2022 fencing season tournaments. Download a preliminary schedule. We will provide locations and details for the tournaments as they are assigned.
President - Lassiter Fencing Board
June 17, 2021
Warm greetings to you all. I wanted to update you all on a couple of things regarding the upcoming fencing season:
1. Welcome Coach Guerra! First, I am very pleased to announce that Stephen Guerra has been selected as the coach for Lassiter High School fencing Team. As most of you know, Stephen has been a tireless supporter of the team, both as the former president of the Lassiter Trojan Fencing Booster Club Board and as last year's interim coach, a position he volunteered for in order to salvage the season during a difficult pandemic year. Stephen truly cares about the team, knows the fencers well, and has many years of fencing experience. He'll be a great coach for the team.
2. Tournament Schedule: I also wanted to share with you the tournament schedule for the upcoming season so that you can mark your calendars. We only have the tournament dates so far and don't know at which high school we'll be competing for the first five rounds. I'll keep you posted as we find out more details.
Round 1: September 18
Round 2: October 16
Round 3: October 30
Round 4: November 13
Round 5: December 4
Round 6: January 8 (we host this one)
Individual Championship: January 22 (at Northview HS)
Team Championship: January 29 (at Lambert HS)
Lassiter Trojan Fencing Booster Club Board